Exploring the oddity of books spare moment by another spare moment...also, a lot of ellipses...

Sunday, May 1, 2011

49: Warman's Pez Field Guide

Somebody once told me that Ebay began as a service to connect Pez collectors. Or maybe I read it somewhere. Book or online, I'm not sure.

There's no origin to this factoid and I refuse to look it up now. Like most of the stuff I know, there's no way I could give an origin citation for at least 90 per cent of it. sure, I look at the nature of my life and I assume it was from a book--I love books. But I like a lot of things. Maybe it was a fact from the lid of some soft drink or on the back of some cereal box suggesting to add educational value in the stead of nutrition.

At this point, if I think about it, I'm a little afraid at just how much of those facts that comprise my knowledge are random errant bits of misinformation good intentioned or not. So I'll just have a cupcake instead. Lots of vitamins in those.

No comments:

Post a Comment