Exploring the oddity of books spare moment by another spare moment...also, a lot of ellipses...

Saturday, April 30, 2011

48: Slow News Day

This is one of those extremes on my entertainment road. A nice quiet tale--city girl moves to the country, is underwhelmed but in a shocking twist eventually begins to cherish it. And a guy.

This is one of my favorite authors (and illustrator for it is indeed the example of a graphic novel), but I just can't read him any old time. Most of the time I gotta escape...something, I don't know what and stopping to think or even to end this sentence is just the sort of thing that would allow it catch up to me. Sometimes though, I enjoy the quiet and solid tale attempting to furnish me with real emotional responses. Sometimes. (ahh, that's a hack ending but I got no other)

No comments:

Post a Comment