Exploring the oddity of books spare moment by another spare moment...also, a lot of ellipses...

Friday, March 4, 2011

10: Truths Series, Volume V

This little book I own only for the cover--found in some bargain rack at used book chain Half Price. I didn't check the interior at purchase date and only twice since, upon return home and right before now. No part of me is concerned that what I have is part five of some not-even-google defined multitude or that it is regarding some deep aspect of Catholic doctrine. It's just pretty...pretty and old and worn and read obviously more than once in that at least a reference capacity. Just for sake of variety in genres, I would buy Dan Brown if Angels and Demons was thus bound...or Ann Rule, or Dean Koontz, or Joel Osteen, or even, and this is painful to admit, Garfield.

And I wouldn't share, at least I wouldn't with a cover like this. Must I hide it from visitors? This is my vanity or jealousy wrapped into possession. Like any other, I must be connected to that which is pretty...to me at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment