Exploring the oddity of books spare moment by another spare moment...also, a lot of ellipses...

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

33: 1001 Home Hints


Why of course I expect some assortment of 1001 tips for around the home from this books, whoever would I not? Inside though, no numbering of tips...just chapters. There's not 1001 of those either. And there are only 494 pages of actual text inside so you're supposed to assume a a smidge over 2 tips per page? On the title page there IS a mention of over 1750 pictures. Leaving alone the fact that that this publisher decided to put that fact on the title page rather than on the back or any other normal advertising area, this leaves each picture as showing LESS than a tip each. That's just confusing.

Basically, Southwater Books here knew I needed a dollar. Instead of giving me a nice logical form of a dollar--like a bill--they threw a fistful of pennies at my face and promised me that there were 100 of them. "Oh feel free to count them when you get home," they said laughing. Why you laughing Southwater Books, either I'm amusing or you just ripped me off. Instead I laugh at you foolish print publisher in this millennium--I didn't pay for your book! It was given to me and I won't even appreciate or let anyone else do so either. Never gonna give it away or open it up again. Ha! Victory to me, Southwater Books!

No comments:

Post a Comment