Exploring the oddity of books spare moment by another spare moment...also, a lot of ellipses...

Sunday, April 24, 2011

46: I've got to Talk to Somebody, God

Not entirely sure that Marjorie here didn't intend for her name to be part of the title. Just from this cover, doesn't Marjorie seem like the sort of person crying about their loneliness to a multitude of friends.

Marjorie: I've got to have somebody to talk to...God. You know things have just been really hard for me lately, what with my hip which you probably don't even know about since we haven't talked much lately. Not blaming you dear; you're very busy I'm sure. Still...

God: Now I'm really glad you wanted to catch up, but I've got this thing in like five minutes in Peru where...

Marjorie:...it all started during that recent bout of ice we had the other day. Steven, that's the Williams' boy from down the street, is supposed to clear my lanes for me during every bad bit of weather, but he just didn't get around to it that day. Hurrumph, he won't be seeing nickel one for that chore til my hip stops aching, I'll tell you that. Though you have to admire him accomplishing even that little that he has, what with all the drama under that roof...

God: Look! It's my only begotten son, Jesus. He'll want to hear all about that, bye Marjorie.

Jesus: Why hello...

Marjorie: Now why didn't I see you the other day at church. Weren't moping about the beach again were you?

Jesus: No, no, I was carrying this guy during a crisis of...

Marjorie: Anyway, I'd expect you'll be wanting to hear all about the Williams indelicate goings on as well, but first Miss Simpkins would just keel right on over if I didn't...

This really could go on forever, butI...I shall be the salvation this time and end it. Oh yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment