Exploring the oddity of books spare moment by another spare moment...also, a lot of ellipses...

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

38: The Little Book (the second in an attempt to awkwardly donate books to the public)


This was my second attempt at leaving a book in a public place and seeing if people would take the book and whether they would be willing to contact me about the experience. This time I left the book in a well traveled stairwell at the local college I attend before my morning class. As I did yesterday, I included a note that whoever found the book should feel free to take it and, if they were willing, to email me with their thoughts. Directly after the class period, I checked and the book was gone. We'll see...

This is another book that I had received for free from a former job in what was a former life that I have never read. Sure I'm a sucker for a little genre-rific take on time travel (as cover blurb suggests)...but the cover itself just wants so hard to be taken seriously. Like an oily salesman with an honest to goodness deal for once in his miserable life, perhaps the cover is relevant to a literary masterpiece of science fiction worthy of escape and high intellect simultaneously...I doubt you both, cover and salesman, and defy you by name before the pulpit. Anyway, I would never actually read it so I can only gain from this.

No comments:

Post a Comment